Saturday, April 11, 2009

Friday Fun

This last Friday happened to be one of my Fridays off, so we all decided to make the trip to the MN Zoo. (We and a boatload of other people too. I've never seen it so busy!) We started off with a little lunch to let it warm up just a titch more, and then we were off to see the Farm Babies. Kendal thinks the baby animals are just so cute, it's precious. Mason even liked to see the animals.

Mason being silly and looking at some piglets.










Kendal with her "favorite" chick, and Mason checking out the chickens. Isn't he cute?!










Kendal driving the tractor. Mason didn't want to see the tractor, I guess.










After the Farm Babies we walked through Russia's Grizzly Coast, the newest exhibit at the zoo. If you haven't been to see it, I highly recommend it. No pics today, but the leopards come right up to the glass (I think I posted a pic of this once in a previous post). And the grizzly bears are so cool. At one point we could see a grizzly sitting on top of this high up rock. Just this lone bear against the bright blue sky. Amazing. Then the bears were frolicking in the water, which is also right next to the glass. And when we walked by they happened to be feeding the sea otters, which was very cool, too. Anyway, it was a fun day, but it seems as though it was all just a little too much for Mason. ;)

After the zoo, Kendal had swimming lessons, and then we decided to decorate Easter eggs. We did "tie-dye" eggs this year, as you do it in a bag, and so Mason could do it too. Funny part is, I boiled the eggs on like Wednesday, and put them on a shelf in the fridge. Thursday John went to the grocery store, and unbeknownst to me, put the boiled eggs in the door of the fridge and raw eggs on the shelf. I, of course, just grabbed the ones off the shelf. Well, of course Mason drops one, and (lucky me they were in a bag) it breaks all over. I'm like, how bad of a cook am I to not even be able to boil eggs correctly? Then I realized what had happened. So, in addition to a dozen hard-boiled Easter eggs, we have about 4 decorated regular ones. I guess I'm actually pretty lucky Mason broke on early on.












Even though they were in bags, those fingers still got quite messy!










The final product.

No comments: