Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mason Turns 3!

A couple of weekends ago, we had a pretty busy time. Friday, March 4th was Mason's 3rd birthday! It was a weekend packed full of things to do! That Friday night the kids had swimming lessons, so then we went out to dinner with just us afterward. Then we went home and Mason opened his gifts (a scooter, baseball glove, ball and hat, and a helmet from Kendal), and ate some cupcakes.





Saturday we had the usual craziness of music class and gymnastics in the morning, and then in the afternoon Kendal and I, and her friend Sara and mom Barb, finished up selling the rest of the girl scout cookies the troop had, ahem, including the ones that parents returned to us. Then we got ready for the R. Family March birthday bash. You may recall the 4th is Mason's, the 5th is Grandma Kathy's and the 6th is Mallory's. Everyone came over for a little Mexican fiesta at our place, complete with a Transformers cake and Spiderman balloons. I guess that's what you get when a 3-year-old boy is calling the shots.












Then on Sunday we had the M. family over. We made some tasty turkey sandwiches, and got to catch up. It's fun to watch Mason and Phoebe grow up! When Mason opened up his card from Grandma and Grandpa and saw the money, he got so serious, and says really slowly and quietly..."Mine." Good stuff.



And in other news, Mason went in for his 3-year check-up. He is doing fabulously once again. He is 38.25 inches and 35.2 lbs, which is 75%-tile on all accounts. I was sad to notice that I must not have ever blogged about his 2-year visit, so I have no real basis of comparison. I do remember that his height and weight were not quite in proportion to each other, and not in the preferable way, and that the doctor noticed that he has grown up and slimmed down a little. He really is turning into a little preschooler.

Here he is with his best friend. Too bad Herc doesn't feel the same way. ;)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

A scooter, bike and baseball glove what a big boy! Not too big to get blue frosting on his face though so that's good!