Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spring Posting Extravaganza

So, I'm clearly behind on the posting for Spring. I'm not exactly sure what actually happened to March, April and May, but I guess now that it's June, I'd better get back to it! I'm hoping for a new post about Spring once a day or every other day to try (key word here) to catch up. So get ready...

This weekend I discovered a great event called the Flint Hills International Children's Festival. What a find! It's all completely free (except for a few performances at the Ordway) and completely child oriented. Every booth had some sort of craft or thing to do. There were a lot of other cool performances, too. Dancers, musicians, magic, balloons, acrobats, food, face painting. I was lucky to be joined by my friend Beth, her husband, Troy, and her niece and nephew, Elaina and Kenan. Kendal and Elaina are the same age, so they hit it off great. The weather even held of until right before we left. I think that this will have to be an annual event! Many of the museums and theaters in the area had booths there, too, so it also gave me some good ideas of other things to do and see!

Minnesota History Center had a booth. Who knew Split Rock Lighthouse was turning 100 this year!?


These eyes are the same as the performers at Circus Juventus. Pink with purple glitter is always a hit.



We waited in line a LOOOOONG time for these balloons, but they were worth it!

1 comment:

Katri said...

So cute! Love the pix!