Saturday, September 19, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

I'm catching up! So, Labor Day Weekend was fun. Kendal and I saw the movie "Ponyo". It was a little different, but actually very enjoyable. I like that it was just a simple story, not all those jokes that go right over kids' heads. (Don't get me wrong, as an adult, it sometimes helps, but it's not like Kendal gets it.) I actually felt like she understood mostly the whole thing. I'd recommend it.

The next day we went to Teddy Bear Park in Stillwater. We had actually never been there before then! It's designed for kids 7 years old and younger, so we didn't have to worry about them too much. We brought our picnic lunch and ate there, played a ton, and then walked down to the river to see the boats and stuff. A fun way to spend the day.

On one side are these really cool rocks to climb, and (gulp!) jump off of.


I thought this was funny. I'm thinking cute pic with the 2 kids on the big bear. Mason was not having it. The first one was tolerable, and then went down hill from there.












We walked the few blocks down to the river. We lucked out and saw them raise the bridge, which Kendal thought was cool. We also saw a bride doing pictures, which Kendal also liked. Then we stopped at a candy shoppe on the way back to the car.

Then on Monday we had some friends over for dinner and play time. They have kids close to Mason and Kendal's ages, so we had a good time.

It was amazing to have a holiday weekend in Minnesota with great weather and lots of fun things to do!

No comments: