Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We Love The Pumpkin Patch!

This weekend we decided to thoroughly enjoy the wonderful fall weather, and head out to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch! Yay! Of course, everyone else in the eastern Twin Cities had the same idea, but that's okay. First thing we did was sample a few apples and some apple butter. Yum. Then we hopped onto a hayride. We rode all the way out the pumpkin patch, and then of course, a certain little girl in our family decided she had to go to the bathroom. There was no where to go, so John and Kendal rode all the way back to the beginning. Mason had to eat anyway, so I guess it worked out. Well for Mason and me anyway. Kendal HATES port-o-potties, so she decided to throw an all out tantrum before realizing that it was there or pee her pants. Thankfully she chose the port-o-potty. Poor John. I'm sure he got "those" kind of looks from all those other "perfect" parents out there.

So, we finally were able to pick out some pretty cool pumpkins. We rode back to the main area and Kendal got her face painted, watched them make and sampled some fresh-pressed apple cider, fed some goats and sheep, and climbed a huge haybale. Mason had fun too, strapped to me in the baby carrier. Just like old times.
Click to play Fall Fun
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Good thing we went in the morning, because after Mason woke up from his afternoon nap, he had a fever of 101 degrees! Poor guy caught what Kendal had. He's finally feeling a little better today, but it's been pretty rough. Imagine a baby with a raw sore throat. John stayed home with Mason all day Monday. Grandma Sharon was nice enough to come over on Tuesday to babysit for a while. Today is my day off, so we think that tomorrow he'll be able to go back to daycare. Oy, it'll be nice when this is all over!

Today was dance class. Kendal's teacher, Erin, is getting married this weekend and then off to her honeymoon in Hawaii. So, her teaching assistant asked all the girls to come early. She had the studio all decorated in bridal stuff, and each girl gave Erin a rose. It was VERY cute! Kendal thinks brides are the best, so this was fun for her, too.

Last Saturday Mason was officially 7 months old. I feel like I was just writing about him being 6 months old! He now definitely uses his rolling abilities to his advantage. He rolls to get everywhere. You can tell he REALLY wants to crawl, too. If he has a toy on either side, he's good, but when there is a toy above his head, he just looks at it, and his little legs are going so fast, but getting no where. It's hilarious to watch, but I'm sure he's just so frustrated. He's also sitting up like a champ. He'll do it for a while, but then he decides he wants to roll somewhere, so he does a header into the floor. Also very funny, and makes me glad we have carpet.

And I'm not sure if it's just because he's sick, but Mason has become a big time mommy's guy. (This would be fine if Kendal weren't a big time mommy's girl. Yikes.) This morning John was feeding Mason his bottle, and when I came and sat next to him, he sat up, looked at John and cried a little, then turned and dove for me. While I thought this was rather funny, John...not so much. Oh well, I'm sure it'll change again a million times over.

Well, hopefully once everyone is healthy again, I'll have more time and energy to update this blog more than once a week!

1 comment: