First off, I left on Thursday for my high school friends (and a few adopted others) annual Girls' Weekend. We have headed up to the Whitefish Chain for a few years now, but we tried somewhere new this year, as our usual resort wasn't available. So, off we went to Piney Ridge Resort. (We did have to stop on the way up for a couple pitchers of beer at beer o'clock)
Since Girls' Weekend could have it's own blog, I'll try to summarize. The cabin we were in was dirty and smelled like cat urine. For some reason we looked past that and still drank our beers by our unlit bonfire. That night we overtook the resort pub and brought our own ipod to provide the tunes. The next morning, however, I think the excitement of just being away wore off, and we decided to check out of our cabin. An angel at a resort called Beacon Shores said she had a last minute cancellation at their resort, so in literally 15 minutes we were outta there. That afternoon we went out on the pontoon we rented, and that night went out dancing. We had tons of fun.
On Saturday my crazy weekend continued. While the rest of the girls stayed up there, I headed to Maple Grove, as one of my best friends from hygiene school was also getting married that day, and there was no way I was going to miss it. The weather was perfect! Beth looked beautiful, and I shed a few tears. I also got to see my friend Nichole from school. God Bless Beth and Troy and their happy marriage!
The final part of my weekend was my brother Paul, sister-in-law Aura Lee, and nieces Lexie and Josie were in town. I had to miss Paul's 40th birthday outting to the Renaissance Festival on Saturday, but we all got together with my other brother Steve and had lunch on Sunday. Kendal doesn't get to see her cousins much, so it was fun to see them. Mason had a nice nap with Uncle Paul.
John, Kendal and Mason had a good weekend too. Friday night Kendal spent the night at Grandma Kathy's, and Saturday night John brought our bouncer to his friend Jeff's house and had a playdate.
As a final note, I did notice that the grandma's are missing from the slideshow, because somehow we don't actually HAVE any pictures of them. I'm sure that this will be remedied in the future and the grandma's can have their own pictures on the blog.
1 comment:
you cram a lot into your weekends! you must need the week to recover... haha!
Post a Comment