Well, Girl Scouts is almost done for the year, with one more meeting to go, but we really finished with a bang. One event that I'm especially proud of is donating boxes of Girl Scout cookies to the local food shelf,
Christian Cupboard. I was one of the "cookie moms" this year, and we chose this charity to donate to, as the girls could really learn the gift of giving first hand. First the girls heard a little about the food shelf, and then got to stock the shelves themselves. The girls sold a total of 962 boxes of cookies, with I believe about 70 of those being donated to the food shelf.



Then, with some of the cookie money they earned for the troop, all of the girls went to Build-A-Bear Workshop to have an end of the year celebration. Here they all are making silly faces with their new "friends".
No comments:
Post a Comment