Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Fun Weekend

Tis the season for busy weekends. Last Thursday we took another trip to the Children's Museum. I took both kids this time, so I recruited Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Roger to help me. Mason had a good time getting drenched in the water area, and Kendal was glad to have Grandma there to play with her while Grandpa and I corraled Mason. Both kids fell asleep on the way home, so it was a success. Friday night I had my work Christmas party. It was at the Lake Elmo Inn, which was fabulous. I had to be rolled out of there when it was over!

Saturday, after Kendal's rehearsal for the Sunday School Christmas program, we headed over to Auntie Kris' house for the annual making of Christmas cookies and other goodies. Me, Kris, Kathy, Tim's fiance Natalie

Then on Sunday we had the actual Christmas program. If you will recall from last year, I had to sit in the choir loft with Kendal, but this year, she was good-to-go. She knew all of the songs really well, and sang great! Unfortunately they lump the 3 and 4 year olds and kindergarteners together, so there were a lot of kids and even more family members trying to cram as close to the kids as possible. It was hard to see even when the kids were standing. Anyway, Kendal is the one in the middle of the picture with the black bow. And finally, after church, we all rushed home, and Kendal and I changed our clothes and headed to Disney Princesses on Ice with my friend Krista and her daughter Emily. We met and ate a little lunch first, then off to the show. The girls dressed in their finest princess garb. It was great fun. Kendal got so excited about the finale where all the princesses came out in their really fancy dresses (see video...which is a little unnecessary, I know, but it's a good test for me to see if I can get that to work).

No comments: