Saturday, July 11, 2009

MN Zoo

I think I've mentioned in the past that we have a membership to the MN Zoo. This is great, as we can go out there whenever we want, and not worry about spending a ton of time there if we don't want to, we can just come back!

Well, this last time we went, we basically went for the sole purpose of feeding the giraffes in "Africa". Those of you familiar with the zoo know that Africa is probably the farthest thing from the main part of the zoo. So we get all the way out there, and who doesn't realize that it costs money to feed the giraffes? Yep, that'd be me. And who doesn't have cash? Me again. So we trek back a ways to the amphitheater to the nearest ATM. (At least not as far as the main buildings.) Then we trek back, only to find that the keepers had just decided to take their lunch and wouldn't be back for an hour. Sigh. (Do you think they could've mentioned this when I asked where said ATM was? No, of course not.) Surprisingly, Kendal took this quite well. We ate a little lunch ourselves, and headed home. But, like I said, we'll be back!

On the MN Trail there is this spot with coyotes. In the exhibit you can push a button and you can hear coyote sounds. The first one Kendal pushed happened to be of one snarling, which she did not expect. It scared the bejeezus out of her!

Also on the MN Trail are some pumas. Kendal wanted to include in this pic the fake puma poop that is on the seat next to her. Unfortunately it didn't make it in the shot.

No explanation needed.

Kendal on some mammoth bones.

2 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

Oh how I miss the MN Zoo. Can't wait to bring James there some time. I'm thinking next August/September we might come to MN to take in all the good things going on that time of year. Which, of course, means you and I have to hit the Ren Fest!!

Leigh said...

Mari-Ann...don't tease me with Ren Fest talk!