Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The ABCs

Okay, so since my other blog friends were able to complete this, I felt that I needed to do it too. "Whimsical and tedious"...hmmm...more like my OCD took over and I kept thinking about letters and events, and could not get this out of my head until I did it. (Thanks Bex.) So, here is 2008 in alphabetical review. (Or maybe just fun facts about me.)

A is for adoption. No, we're not adopting, but it seems like it is a recurring theme in my life. A co-worker just got back from China with their daughter, my brother just got his referral for their daughter, and another friend is waiting for a referral.

B is for bath time. My bath time. This is the hour or so I spend per week with just me and a book or People magazine. A little slice of heaven. And for blog, which is what I do with the rest of my free time.

C is for church. I've been admittedly deliquent in my church attendance, but with Kendal starting Sunday School this year, I've "rediscovered" it, and it has been great for Kendal and I. Just have to get Mason old enough and we could all go.

D is for dental hygiene. As this is what I do all day, this is obviously a big part of my life. Make a hygienist happy...floss!

E is for everybody! I have such great friends and family!

F is for flu. I had it in January when I was 8 months pregnant. Not fun. Also for Facebook, which has been a lot of fun, when I find the time anyway.

G is for Girls Weekend. This is usually my favorite weekend out of the summer, heck probably the whole year. I love this annual tradition.

H is for hockey games. Wild games have become John and my designated date night. And now Kendal is old enough, too.

I is for intrathecal. This is what I had whilst giving birth to Mason instead of the desired epidural. It was only for the last 10 minutes, but an important 10 minutes!

J is for John. Aw shucks. The birthday card I got him said it all. Outside: Sometimes I wonder why I put up with you. Inside: Oh right, because you put up with me, too.

K is for Kendal. She's my girl, and always will be.

L is for Las Vegas. It was my inaugural trip, and it was memorable.

M is for Mason. The biggest news in 2008 by a long shot. He's my guy.

N is for new job. John got a new job within Sprint this fall, and is much happier.

O is for Obama. What a historical election! Even if only one half of our household voted for him.

P is for Potter, Harry. I don't get a lot of time to read nowadays, but when I do it's been filled with Harry Potter. These books are great! (but do they have to be so long? Just started Half-Blood Prince)

Q is for Quincy. Our loyal golden retriever. He's been a little neglected this year, but he still loves us.

R is for reality tv. I hate to admit it, but I love reality tv. My favorites are Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Top Chef, ANTM, Project Runway, and the Bachelor. Love it.

S is for surgery. This summer Kendal had her surgery to correct her uretal reflux. It was a rough time at the hospital, and the week after, but no more daily antibiotics, and no more bladder infections!

T is for theater. When I'm out with my friends it seems I'm either in the movie type or stage type.

U is for Under the Sea. Kendal's new favorite is Ariel.

V is for van. Yes, the mini-type. Yikes, the one thing I swore I'd never have, but now couldn't do without.

W is for weddings. This year two of my closest friends got married. Jen C in Las Vegas, and Beth, whom I cut girls weekend short for. (now you know that MUST have been big ;) )

X is for x-ray. Mason had to have some this summer. He had a little accident at day care, and fractured his humerus. Poor little guy healed amazingly, though!

Y is for YMCA. This is the place that I think about going when I think about working out.

Z is for zoo. We have a membership to the MN zoo, and Kendal loves seeing Sparky at the Como Zoo.

I'll quickly sum up the weekend. Saturday was John's 35th birthday. We had tickets to the Wild game, so off we went! They lost, but what're you gonna do?

Also, on Sunday Mason officially turned 10 months. During this last month he has mastered going from crawling to sitting up, crawling with his tummy up, although he does resort to the army crawl when he wants to go fast, and can now also pull himself up on things. And on his 10 month birthday, he decided to give the stairs a whirl, and succeeded. Crap, now we're in big trouble. Mason's favorite game is "I'm gonna get you!" During this game Mason crawls away, gets to a point where you can't see him, and then you chase after him saying "I'm gonna get you!" He starts crawling so fast, and laughs so hard! It's hilarious.




3 comments:

Rachel said...

Good job with the abcs. I agree about the OCD thing. Q drove me crazy!!

becca jo said...

great job on the ABC's! you did very well at the end ;)

Beth said...

I loved your ABC's and I feel so honored! I even got a little teary-I must be PMSing!:)